The only constant thing in life (for Gough) is change.
In the (almost) six months we’ve been writing for Hayeswire, we’ve been floored at how much has changed along a five-block stretch of Gough Street.
Here’s a list of the major openings, closings and construction projects that have taken place, starting near Fulton/Grove and working our way south toward Van Ness.
1) Hayes Valley Bakeworks opens
2) DragonEats (Vietnamese streetfood) opens
3) Krav Maga Institute opens
4) Parking lot at Gough & Grove closes, condo/retail space construction begins
5) Fig & Thistle gets liquor license, plans to open in the fall
6) The Crepe House closes
7) Terra Café & Bakery closes, Chez Maman opens
8) Laundromat at Oak closes, Twentieth Century Café claims space
9) Paul K closes, Rich Table opens
10) Gourmet & More opens first retail space in San Francisco
Are we missing anything else?